Ethylsilicate 40 is a liquid with a low odor of ether, a mixture of tetra ethoxy silane and polyethoxy siloxanes.
It is well soluble in toluene, benzene, ethyl alcohol and other solvents.
Synonyms: Ethylsilicate 40, TEOS, ethyl silicate, Tetraethyl orthosilicate, tetraethyl silicate, Orthosilicic acid tetraethyl ester, Tetraethoxysilane, silicic acid (H4SIO4), tetraethyl ester, tetraethyl silicate
Metallurgy / Engineering:
- Casting molds making: Ethylsilicate 40 is a binder for the manufacture of ceramic molds for precision casting.
- Ethylsilicate 40 is a binder for the manufacture of rods exposed to high temperatures.
- Water-proof building materials manufacturing.
- Component for the water-repellents manufacturing.
- Protective and preservation treatment of painted surfaces.
- Impregnation of concrete to reduce the porosity
- Source of silica.
- Acid-resistant cement manufacturing.
- Ethylsilicate 40 is used as an additive in paints & enamel. It forms a quick-drying, heat-resistant and waterproof films with a steady gloss.
- Ethylsilicate 40 is a component of heat-resistant and electro-insulating enamels, component of nonstick paints.
- For shrink-proof finish of wool fabrics.
- To reduce shrinkage of rugs and make them resistant to dust and decay.
- As the impregnation of filter fabrics.
- Ingredient of protective impregnation for workwear.
Glass and ceramics industry:
- Optical glass enlightenment.
- Application of the light-scattering layer on the cylinders bulbs.
- It is used as a binding agent for the manufacture of ceramic materials that are resistant to the highly corrosive environments and have the mechanical strength, heat resistance and high dielectric properties.
- For the manufacture of highly resistant materials withstanding the temperature up to +1750°C and a load of above 127 kg/cm3.
- Component of self-curing compositions when casts of.
- easily hydrolyzed by air moisture;
- dries quickly;
- creates a strong silicone film;
- soluble in organic solvents;
- possesses the good binding and fastening properties.
Store in original container at temperature from -60°C to +30°C. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place. Protect from moisture and direct sunlight. Store away from oxidizers, strong acids, alkalis and other chemicals having alkaline reaction, for example, ammonia, amines.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more, please, check the properties of product before use.
- Polymer canisters 25 dm3.
- Polyethylene barrels of 50 dm3.
- Barrels combined (steel-polyethylene) of 200 dm3.
- Polyethylene barrels of 220 dm3.
- Special polymer containers (IBC) up to 1 m3.
Ethylsilicate 40 is low toxic, explosive and fire-hazardous product. When carrying out work observe fire safety techniques.Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of ethylsilicates. To get a special offer or to buy ethylsilicates, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearence||clear liquid from colorless to yellowish-broun|
Optical density at a wavelength of 400 nm, max
Optical density at a wavelength of 670 nm, max
Mass content of hydrogen chloride, %, max
Mass content of ethyl alcohol, %, max
Mass content of tetra ethoxy silane, %
10 - 15
Mass content of silicon dioxide, %
38 - 42
Density at +20°С, g/cm3
1,04 - 1,07
Duration of gelation, minutes
180 - 280
Freezing point temperature, °С, max