FeaturesEmulsion APS - emulsion of functional polysiloxane in water.
- Water-dispersion paints and plasters based on synthetic resins (including silicone);
- silicate water-dispersion paints and plasters;
- whitewash emulsions;
- water facade primers;
- insulating materials;
- especially recommended for pigmented formulations due to its chemical structure.
- Significantly reduces capillary water absorption;
- increases the hydrophobicity of the surface, which leads to a good "lotus effect";
- reduces the tendency to contamination of the coating;
- improves early water resistance;
- improves water resistance and vapor permeability of coatings and primers;
- imparts hydrophobic properties to insulating materials;
- does not contain alkyl phenol ethoxylates;
- does not contain organic solvents;
- highly effective with a small amount of application;
- soluble in water, but solutions have limited storage stability;
- easy to enter;
- does not contain cyclic silicones.
It is generally recommended to add 1.0 - 3.0 % to aqueous coating systems, based on the total formulation:
- in masonry coatings - 1.0 %;
- in primers - 5.0 %;
- as an independent water-repellent primer - add 10 % emulsion to the water;
- for impregnation of insulating materials - in water 0.5 - 1.0% of the emulsion.
To determine the optimal concentration before use, it is recommended to conduct preliminary tests. In aqueous coating systems, the product is added during or at the end of the manufacturing process.To improve vapor permeability, it is recommended to use a combination with EMSO-M or EMSO-DM.
Store in original tightly closed container at temperatures from 0°C to +30°C.
Store in original containers in a dry, cool and ventilated place, away from sources of ignition and high temperatures. Protect from direct sunlight. Keep away from alkalis, strong oxidizing agents and organic acids.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Material - high density polyethylene (HDPE):
- canisters with a capasity of up to 20 dm3;
- barrels with a capacity of up to 200 dm3;
- containers - 1 m3.
Safety informationDetailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Milky to white liquid|
|Mass content of solids, %, min.||49,0|
|Density at temperature (+25,0±0,5)°С, g/cm3||About 1,000|
|Dynamic viscosity at temperature (+25±0,5)°С, mPa•s, min.||100|
|The reaction of the medium (pH of the aqueous extract)||6,0 – 7,5|