OH-polymer silicone rubber SKTN grade A
SKTN-A rubber is a synthetic low molecular weight dimethylsiloxane polymer with OH end groups, stabilized with active silicon oxide, viscosity from 1800 cSt to 2200 cSt.
With the catalyst introduction, terminal OH groups are crosslinked, the liquid rubber cures (vulcanizes) and turns into a rubbery material.
Materials and products made from silicone rubber SKTN grade A are resistant to atmospheric factors, vibration, temperature, moisture, have dielectric properties, and can be used at temperatures from -60°C to +250°C.
Synonyms: Synthetic rubber, silicone rubber, hydroxyl-terminated polydimethylsiloxane, OH-Polymer, silanol terminated polydimethylsiloxane, low molecular weight silicone rubber SKTN, OH-endcapped polydimethylsiloxane, hydroxyl terminated polydimethylsiloxane
CAS: 70131-67-8 EC: 615-070-3
- Production of materials for moisture insulation, thermal insulation, vibration isolation, electrical insulation.
- The manufacture of various rubber compositions.
- Production of molding compositions.
- Sealing devices and appliances.
- Sealing pipelines, connecting elements, equipment parts.
- Sealing of simple and multilayer elements of buildings and building structures, building facades.
- Production of fillings and gaskets for mechanisms and devices.
- Production of cast-in-place casting and coating compounds.
- Production of sealants, foam sealants.
- Production of impregnating compositions.
- Production of rubber-like materials and coatings.
- Production of gas selective membranes.
- Imparts moisture insulating, heat insulating, vibration insulating, electrical insulating properties.
- SKTN-A has good heat resistance, while maintaining high elasticity in the operating temperature range from -60°C to +250°C.
- Easy to processing.
- High dielectric properties.
- SKTN-A rubber is a highly hydrophobic material that is resistant to atmospheric factors, acids, and the action of fungi and microorganisms.
- Products made from SKTN-A are characterized by high strength, elasticity and vibration resistance, chemical inertness.
- Resistant to the action of ozone, UV.
- Physiological inertness, tissue and hemocompatibility (in comparison with other bioinert implants, siloxane rubbers perfectly imitate human soft tissues).
- Gas permeability (the highest permeability of all known polymers).
- Selective for gas permeability.
- Easily sterilized.
- Economical, reliable and durable even in extreme conditions.
Silicone rubbers are cured in the presence of catalysts such as K-1, K-100 or №18. Vulcanization occurs at room temperature.
The proportions of mixing SKTN-A rubber with the catalyst depend on the technology of production of the final product, the required properties and other factors.
Rubber SKTN-A is stored in warehouses at a temperature not exceeding +30°С away from direct sunlight.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Steel barrels with a capacity of up to 200 liters.
- Special polymer containers with a volume of up to 1 m3.
Silicone-organic rubbers SKTN are non-toxic. Do not contain solvents.Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic rubbers (OH-polymers). To get a special offer or to buy a silicone organic rubbers (OH-polymers), find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Viscous, colorless, turbid liquid without mechanical impurities|
|Funnel viscosity at a temperature of (+20±2)°С, s||90-150|
|Kinematic viscosity at +20-23°С, cSt||1800-2200|
|OH content, ppm||1530|
|Mass loss, %, no more||2,0|
|Thermostability,%, no more||2,0|
|Flash point, °С||>200|
|Density at +25°С, g/m3||0,98|