Heat-resistant silicone resin KO-815
FeaturesHeat-resistant silicone resin KO-815 is a solution of polyphenyldimethylsiloxane resin in toluene, modified with a solution of polybutylmethacrylic resin in a mixture of acetone, ethyl acetate and butyl acetate or xylene.
Heat-resistant silicone resin KO-815 is a protective coating for products and surfaces of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, which are operated for a long time at critical temperatures from -50ºС up to +500ºС (short-term up to +600ºС). As a metal lacquer, it is intended for anticorrosive protection of products exposed to high temperatures, corrosive media.
KO-815 silicone resin is used in the industrial sector to paint and protect metals from environmental exposure, critical temperatures, and corrosion:
- automobiles elements (exhaust systems and pipes, radiators, engines);
- steam and gas turbines;
- parts of boilers, furnaces, incinerators, polymerization furnaces, pyrolysis furnaces, and other heating equipment, chlorinators;
- wires tips;
- pipelines, gas ducts, oil pipelines, gas pipelines, steam pipelines;
- suitable for processing of decorative products made of steel, copper, aluminum;
- for anti-corrosion treatment inside boilers.
Porous mineral building materials:
Silicone resin KO-815 is used for waterproofing, decorative and protective impregnation of porous mineral building materials:
- concrete, reinforced concrete, foam concrete;
- natural stone (marble, granite);
- ceramics (tiles, brick);
- cement, cement fiber, gypsum boards, blocks, gypsum plasterboard, plaster, etc .;
- brick masonry
- asbestos-cement boards.
It is recommended for hydrophobic treatment of socles and facades of residential buildings, industrial buildings, for the preservation of architectural monuments.
KO-815 is used as a floor varnish. It is recommended for strengthening and dedusting of concrete floors, including industrial application, processing facades and bases of buildings, reinforced concrete industrial constructions and other structures before painting with acrylic organic-soluble paints.
The varnish is great for decorative and protective coating of stoves, ovens, heaters and fireplaces.
As a stone impregnation, KO-815, when applied in several layers, forms an independent weather-resistant protective and decorative coating for decorative stone, brickwork, paving slabs and other porous mineral surfaces.
As a primer for concrete (and other porous mineral bases) for painting with silicone enamels KO-168K, KO-5102K.
Dry sand oiled by silicone resin KO-815 is a good long-term coating and sealing material for building structures overlappings, roofs and blind areas of buildings that are not susceptible to degradation from weather conditions.
Mixing the resin KO-815 and zinc or titanium dyes, after the surface treatment, forms a homogeneous, smooth film of white color with high aesthetic appeal, resistance to light and solar radiation and other environment factors.
Paintwork materials manufacturing:
KO-815 resin is a modifying additive to alkyd, acrylic resins, paints and varnishes. It reduces drying time and increases resistance to environment factors.
Silicone resin KO-815 is a part of the non-stick paints.
For the production of the heat-resistant enamel KO-813, prepared by mixing varnishes with aluminum powder. The enamel is used for coating of the metal products, continuously operating at temperatures from -50°C up to +500°C (short-term up to +600ºС): gas steam lines, incinerators, as well as for painting car exhaust systems, engine parts, and so on.
Coating of wood and chipboard surfaces:
As a varnish for wood, silicone resin KO-815 can be used for thermal and antiseptic protection, like wood-fiber materials also (fiberboard, particle board, OSB, plywood, etc.), for wooden unpolished surfaces varnishing, as well as for restoring damaged paintwork).
- Faux fur sizing and finishing;
- Manufacture of acid-resistant clothing;
- Impregnation of filter fabrics by heat-resistant silicone resin KO-815 increases strength, heat-resistance and wear-resistance.
Production of glass and fiberglass plastics:
Heat-resistant silicone resin KO-815 performs the function of a release coating in the production of glass and fiberglass plastics.
- Resin KO-815 has a high heat resistance (used for coating of parts, continuously operating at critical temperatures from -50ºС up to +500ºС and up to +600ºС (short exposure).
- Increases the life-time of the surfaces.
- KO-815 has a powerful strengthening effect.
- As a modifying additive to the alkyd, acrylic and others paints and varnishes, reduces drying time.
- KO-815 coating film dries quickly: up to 60 minutes at +150°C and up to 180 minutes at +20°C.
- Protects against corrosion
- Provides monuments preservation.
- Penetrates deeply into porous bases.
- Performs the function of a priming and individual coating, when applied in several layers.
- Additionally, it may be coated by acrylic solvent-borne paints and silicone organic enamels (KO-168K, KO-5102K).
- Restores damaged paint coating.
- Lacquering provides a durability to the mechanical loads.
- Protects against water, moisture, mold and mildew.
- Provides resistance to the effects of atmosphere and weather conditions.
- The treated surfaces acquire increased resistance to the aggressive medium. The treated surfaces demonstrate resistance to oils and lubricants. Enamel coating is resistant to short-term exposure of mineral oil, gasoline, kerosene, synthetic oils.
- Lacquer coating has dielectric properties.
- KO-815 resin coating has perfect adhesive properties.
Methods of application
Before applying, resin KO-815 should be kept at room temperature for a day, after that, the resin is thoroughly mixed until the disappearance of air bubbles from the surface, if necessary, diluted with toluene or xylene (no more than 10% by volume).
Remove dust, dirt, iron oxides, rust and other contamination by any mechanical method, degrease with organic solvents.
Mechanical surface cleaning is performed to degree St 3 (by manual method) or SA2 - SA2.5 (by shot-blasting (sand-blasting) method) according to ISO 8501-1: 2007. This cleaning method allows to achieve the maximum effect of heat resistance and adhesion.
Resin KO-815 is applied with a brush, roller, spray gun.
Coating is performed on a dry, degreased surface at a temperature of ambient air and substrate from -30°C to +40°C and a relative humidity of max. 80%. When painting at negative temperatures, to prevent the formation of frost and ice crust, it is necessary to ensure that the temperature of the painted surface is not less than 3°C above the dew point. Before coating, welds, butt edges, hard-to-reach places should be treated by resin KO-85 with the "band layer" method with brash.
Metal surfaces are coated in 2-3 cross layers with intermediate drying between layers “to tack-free” - 0.5-2.0 hours depending on the ambient temperature.
At negative ambient temperature, the exposure time is increased by 2-3 times.
The second and subsequent layers are applied after complete drying of the previous layer of varnish.
For high-quality polymerization of the coating, to achieve the maximum effect of adhesion and heat resistance, temperature drying at +150°C for up to 1 hour is required.
For KO-813 enamel produced from KO-815 silicone resin, drying is performed at a temperature of +150ºС for no more than 2 hours.
Resin KO-85 cures completely when heated during treated equipment processing.
Toluene, xylene, or solvent 646 solvents are used to flush instruments and containers.
Resin consumption depends on the properties of the surfaces to be treated and, on average, on a single-layer coating is 100-120 g/m2.
Store silicone resin KO-815 in a sealed containers at temperatures from -30°C up to +35°C. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place away from heaters, protect from moisture and direct sunlight.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Aluminum or steel drums of up to 200 l.
- Steel buckets with a capacity of up to 50 l.
- Steel buckets with a capacity of up to 20 l.
The product is flammable; please follow fire safety instructions during work. The polymerized varnish film is nontoxic, fire-proof.
Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
- Silkor Ltd. is a wholesale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic resins.
To get a special offer or to buy a heat-resistant silicone resin, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Clear liquid from light yellow to brown color, no visible mechanical impurities.|
|Density at +20°C, g/cm3||0,98|
|Relative viscosity, by viscometer VZ-246 (or VZ-4), nozzle ||10-13|
|Mass content of solids, %||33-37|
|Acid number, mg КОН /g of varnish, max.||10,0|
|Drying time of the film to grade 3 at (+150±2)°C, hours, max.||1|