Electrical insulation resin KO-916A
FeaturesElectrical insulation resin KO-916A is a solution of polyorganosiloxane resin in toluene, modified by polyether.
- For the manufacture of winding wires with fiberglass insulation.
- Heat-resistant wires and cables with a protective fiberglass sheath.
- Coating and adhesive resin for copper wire enameling.
- It is used for impregnation of transformer coils, asbestos paper, various electromagnets insulation pads, electric cars compounding, anticorrosive enamels manufacturing.
- It is used as a binder in the production of flexible mica materials, like mica tape, mica plastic tape, flexible micanites etc.
- Impregnation of winding products, operating at +180°C - +200°C, used in devices for marine and tropical exploitation conditions.
- Bonding of engine plates, products of electrical steel and iron-nickel alloys.
- It is used to impregnate the inner casing air separation units to reduce cold losses and operated at a temperature of -190°C.
- It is used to cover the windings at preventive maintenance of electric motors working in the most intense modes.
- Metal surfaces anti-corrosion coating.
- To isolate the inductor coils of the metal heating for stamping (instead of bakelite varnish), which leads to an increased turnaround cycle life of coils by 10-15%.
Electrical insulation resin KO-916A provides high protective properties of the treated materials:
- High dielectric and heat-resistant properties.
- Resistant to oil and gasoline, resistant to sea water.
- Resin KO-916A has a good impregnation ability, which is due to the minimum viscosity, low surface tension.
- Good adhesion.
- Fast-dry film.
- Forms a smooth, dense, glossy, hard, durable film.
- Has good thermal conductivity and mechanical strength.
- It does not adversely affect copper and enamel insulation of wires.
- Resin KO-916A has high water resistance, water resistance and hydrophobicity.
- Thermo-elastic properties are maintained during long-term heating of the insulation in the electrical machines processing.
- High dielectric characteristics vary slightly under the influence of high temperature and moisture.
Methods of application
Before use, resin KO-916A must be thoroughly mixed to achieve homogeneity throughout the volume. Prepare the surface: remove dirt, degrease, dry.
Application methods: impregnation, dipping, spraying, brushing.
Store in a sealed original container at a temperature from -30°C to +30°C. Keep in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place, away from areas with a risk of fire. Protect from direct sunlight and moisture.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 6 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Steel barrels up to 200 liters.
The product is flammable; please follow fire safety instructions during work. The polymerized resin coat is nontoxic, fire-safe.
Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
- Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic electric insulating resins.
To get a special offer or to buy an electric insulation resin, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
Parameter name and measure unit
|Appearance||Homogeneous transparent solution. Light opalescence is allowed.|
Mass fraction of non-volatile substances, %
|Mass fraction of hydrogen bonded to silicon, %, max||0,0018|
The conventional viscosity at a temperature of (20 ± 2)°C on the viscometer VZ-246 (or VZ-4), nozzle diameter 4 mm, s
|Drying time for lacquer coating to grade 3 at 200 ° C, minutes, max||15|
|The thermoelasticity of the lacquer coating at a temperature of 200 ° C, h, min||50|
Film hardness by pendulum device ME-3, at (+20±5)°С, conventional units, min
|Film hardness by pendulum device ME-3, at (+180±5)°С, conventional units, min||0,2|
|Optical density, max||0,5|
|R, М (15-35)°С |
|24ч (23)°С 93%|
|Volume resistivity, Ohm·m, min.||1,0 х 1012||1,0 х 1010||1,0 х 1011|
|Dielectric strength, MW/m, min.||75||35||40|