Water-repellent agent GKZH-11K
GKZH-11K is a concentrated aqueous solution of potassium methylsiliconate. Water repellent agent for surface and bulk processing of porous mineral bases.
Silicone liquid GKZH-11K is produced in two grades: GKZH-11K grade B and GKZH-11K grade V, which are distinguished by their physical and technical characteristics (see below for more details).
Synonyms: Potassium Methyl Siliconate
CAS. No: 31795-24-1
Water repellent agents GKZH-11K are designed to impart water-repellent properties to porous materials. Water-repellent impregnation GKZH-11K is ideal for the treatment of surfaces made of brick, marble, tuff, stone, concrete, foam concrete, asbestos cement, slate, tiles, gypsum products, shell rock, mineral plasters, limestone, and other materials of similar type.
During carrying out construction and repair work in residential, public and industrial buildings and structures, silicone fluids GKZH-11K are used as a water-repellent additive to concrete, plaster, as an plasticizer additive and air-entraining additive.
It is used in the manufacture of gypsum-fiber boards as a water-repellent and plasticizing additive.
It is used in the textile industry for treating yarns and fabrics to impart hydrophobic properties and resistance to chemicals as well.
In the field of oil and gas extraction, GKZH-11K is used for chemical treatment of drilling fluids in order to improve their structural and mechanical properties when drilling oil and gas wells and as an additive to grouting cement mortars.
Not suitable for wooden surfaces processing. Covering the previously painted and glass subjects can lead to formation of spots.
It is exceptionally suitable for processing vertical and inclined surfaces on which liquid sediment and moisture condensate can be removed.
Waterproofing of building materials and surfaces:
- Suitable for external or surface and bulk treatment.
- It imparts the material excellent water repellency.
- 25 times lower water absorption.
- Prevents the appearance of "salt trace".
- GKZH-11K + other additives in concrete improve the characteristics of concrete in the complex.
- Increases corrosion resistance.
- Increases frost resistance, crack resistance and light resistance.
- Prevents surface contamination.
- Preserves the appearance of the material, its gas permeability and breathability.
- Economically, as it is used in the form of an aqueous solution when the product is diluted more than 15 times with water.
- Increases the overall thermal insulation properties of buildings.
- Increases the life time of buildings and structures.
- Increases plasticity and ultimate strength of concrete, plaster and screed.
- Prevents materials from cracking.
- It protects, preventing the growth of microorganisms, lichens, fungi and mold on the surface of the material.
- It maintains its effectiveness for at least 4-5 years.
- It gives the material excellent water repellency.
- Prevents the appearance of "salt trace".
- It gives the material frost resistance.
- Imparts the material corrosion resistance.
- Gives light resistance to the material.
- Provides acid resistance.
- Prevents surface contamination.
- Does not change the appearance of the material.
- Keeps gas and air permeability.
Oil and gas production:
- Clay drilling fluid modifier.
- Increases lubricity.
- Reduces the flow of water into the drilling fluid.
- Reduces and stabilizes the viscosity of the drilling fluid.
- Increases the speed of well drilling.
- Increases the resource of wells.
- Reduces the water content of crude oil.
Materials processing with a hydrophobic composition GKZH-11K. The procedure for the waterproofing works.
Hydrophobization can be carried out in two ways: surface hydrophobization, bulk (volumetric) hydrophobization.
What does hydrophobization mean?
1. Surface hydrophobization is the treatment with a water-repellent liquid (impregnation) of porous mineral building materials on their surface using a brush or spraying to impart moisture resistance, protect walls, facades, foundations, roofing and floor surfaces of concrete, brick, ceramics, asbestos cement from destruction, in order to increase the service life of buildings and constructions, as the surface treated with a water-repellent liquid practically does not absorb water and is not polluted by precipitation.
The surface hydrophobization of the coatings with water-repellent impregnation GKZH-11K is effective for 4-5 years.
It is recommended to repeat the treatment with GKZH-11K solutions every 3-5 years.
To be processed: masonry, wall panels, cement and concrete screeds (floors), limestone, porous stone, slate, tiles, plaster coatings, paving slabs.
The use of GKZH-11K protects against the appearance of “salt trace” on the surface.
Surface preparation: Remove flaking particles that are loosely bound with the base, remove dust and other contaminants. It is recommended to clean the surface using high-pressure washers, steam cleaner, water jet or mechanically. After wet cleaning, allow the surface to dry. Application is recommended on a dry, clean, dust-free surface.
Preparation of the working solution:
Water repellent agent GKZH-11K grade B - 1 l of liquid should be diluted with about 20 l of water
Water repellent agent GKZH-11K grade V - 1 l of liquid should be diluted with about 17 l of water
Before using, it is recommended to make trial processing on a small area of the surface or on a single element. In case of stains, dilute the working solution with water in the ratio of 2 parts of solution to 1-2 water. Dilution of the working solution can be made only in the case of treatment of surface with low moisture absorption. The recommended volume of the prepared water repellent agent at one time should be no more than the expense for the one-day working period. If necessary to save the working solutions for a longer time (3-4 days), they should be placed in a well-sealed glass or plastic container.
Application method for surface treatment:
Water repellent agent is applied by using a paint brush, roller or spray. It should be borne in mind that surface treatment using the spray method can lead to an increase in consumption.
Surfaces which are not subject to treatment should be closed in order to protect them from unwanted exposure of the agent.
Hydrophobic impregnation GKZH-11 in the a solution form is applied to a dry cleaned surface until it is absorbed, avoiding smudges, leaving no drops. It is not allowed to carry out works on the hydrophobization of walls during the rain, as well as after the rain, before the textured layer dries. If an uneven coating is a result of treatment with a liquid, or applied on a porous surface, the treatment should be repeated, but only immediately after the application of the first layer, that is, on a still wet surface. In case if that immediately after the completion of the work it rained, the water-repellent treatment of the surface should also be repeated.
After drying, the moisture absorbency of the treated surface is minimized, so, if you continue to apply, can cause stains. Therefore, further processing of the already dried surface should be avoided. In the course of application, in order to prevent the appearance of stains, follow uniform and complete absorption of the liquid. The possible appearance of stains does not mean a decrease in water-repellent effect.
Works should be carried out at a temperature not lower than +5°С.
A contravention of the specified technology (working solution preparation and application), repeated processing on the dried layer, excess of the applied solution, can lead to the appearance of white stains on the treated surface.
Consumption depends on the porosity of the processed material and the method of application, and on average is 0,2-0,4 l/m2 of working solution.
From 1 liter of liquid GKZH-11K grade B, 21 l of working solution is prepared, which is sufficient for processing 55-110 m2 of surface.
From 1 liter of liquid GKZH-11K grade V, 18l of working solution is prepared, which is enough to treat 45-90 m2 of surface.
Water repellent treatment is recommended to carry out at dry weather at the temperature of +5°C to +25°C. A full drying time at the temperature of +20°C is not more than 24 hours, at a lower temperature, drying slows down and may take longer.
2. Volumetric hydrophobization is the imparting of moisture-proof properties to building materials by initiation a hydrophobic additive directly into the cement paste (in concrete) in the production of building materials, plaster, basement, etc.
Additive GKZH-11K in the solution for the bulk waterproofing is initiated during the preparation of plaster, cement, concrete solutions, in the production of asphalt and bitumen mixtures, and performs a range of other functions:
Hydrophobic additive GKZH-11K in concrete reduces water absorption and water permeability, eliminates capillary leakage.
- GKZH-11K is a water reducing additive in concrete, which reduces water consumption for a solution by 1.5 times.
- GKZH-11K is a clogging additive that increases the grade of concrete by impermeability.
- GKZH-11K is a plasticizer of II, III, IV groups for concrete.
- GKZH-11K is an additive that increases the strength of concrete, plaster and screed.
- GKZH-11K is an additive that increases the frost resistance of concrete of normal hardening and asphalt pavements, regardless of their composition and type of binder (antifreeze additives to concrete).
- GKZH-11 neutralizes acids contained in solutions.
The water-repellent liquid GKZH-11K is initiated into the solution together with the mixing water in an amount of 0.1-0.2% by weight of the binder — cement or lime.
In the production of gypsum-fiber boards it is used in accordance with the technology of the manufacturer of the plates.
Store at temperatures from -30°C to +30°C in original containers separately from acids. Protect from direct sunlight.
Do not store in containers painted inside, as well as containers made of aluminum or other light metals.
The guaranteed shelf life is 12 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- polyethylene drums with a capacity of 50 dm3;
- combined drums (steel - polyethylene) with a capacity of 200 dm3;
- special containers (IBC) with a capacity of up to 1 m3.
Water repellent liquids GKZH are non-toxic, fireproof, but have alkaline properties. Use rubber gloves, goggles, respirator during works. Spraying should be processing from the windward side.
Detailed instructions are given in the appropriate product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic hydrophobic agents. To get a special offer or to buy hydrophobic agents, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard grade B||Standard grade V|
|Appearance||clear or slightly turbid liquid||clear or slightly turbid liquid|
|Density at temperature (+25+0,5)°С, g/cm3||1,380-1,405||1,20-1,35|
|Mass content of solids, %||min. 54,0||44,5-49,5|
|Mass content of К2О, %||19,5 – 20,8||19,5 – 20,8|