Silicone organic liquid GKZH 136-157М
Silicone liquid GKZH 136-157М is low viscosity colorless or pale yellow oligomethylhydridesiloxane polymer.
Silicone compounds dissolve well in aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, easily gelled by the action of amines, amino alcohols, strong acids and alkalis. Silicone water-repellent GKZH 136-157М is insoluble in water and lower alcohols.
Liquid GKZH 136-157М is a water-repellent agent for surface and volumetric treatment of the porous mineral materials like gypsum, cement, ceramics.
Synonyms: Hydrosilicone oil; Hydrogen silicone oil; Methyl H polysiloxane; Polymethyldrosiloxane; Methylhydro-siliconeoil; Poly(methylhydrosiloxane); methyl silicone oil; Methyl Hydrogen Silicone Fluid; methylhydrogensiloxane polymer.
CAS No. 63148-57-2
Chemical Name: Poly(methylhydrosiloxane)
Molecular Formula: C7H22O2Si3
- The main application area of GKZH 136-157M is a hydrophobic additive in the production of moisture-resistant gypsum boards, tongue-and-groove gypsum boards and other gypsum products.
- Silicone liquid GKZH 136-157M – water-repellent and gas-forming additive to concrete.
- Water-repellent impregnation (hydrophobizator) for concrete, brick, plaster, slate, asbestos cement, ceramic materials, porcelain and glass insulators.
- It is used as a hydrophobic impregnation for building structures during the repair work of residential, public and industrial buildings and constructions.
- GKZH 136-157M - water-repellent impregnation for the production of moisture-resistant cardboard, paper, fabric, leather, fiberglass.
- Fluid GKZH 136-157M - a hydrophobizing material, as well as an agent for improving flowability, prevents caking of various loose, powder and granular materials: titanium dioxide, aerosil, perlite, aluminum hydroxide, etc.
- It is used in the manufacturing of fire extinguishing powders based on ammonium phosphates (powder fire extinguishers).
- GKZH 136-157M is the main ingredient for the preparation of release adhesives in the manufacture of glass-reinforced plastic products, glass-forming surfaces.
- Hydrophobization of gypsum materials, concrete surfaces, masonry, facade with liquid GKZH 136-157M provides natural air exchange of the structure.
- Water repellent impregnation preserves the appearance of the material.
- Hydrophobic coating prevents the contamination of the textured layer.
- Water-repellent impregnation of building materials and structures allows to increase the service life.
- Water-repellent composition prevents the reduction of thermal insulation properties of the material.
- Surface hydrophobic treatment provides resistance to UV & IR rays.
- Silicone hydrophobic compounds, impregnate into the composition or applied to walls, facades, roofing materials, actively protect against weather influences (freezing and thawing, moistening and drying).
- Protects against the destructive action of mosses and lichens.
- Silicone fluid provides improved flowability and prevents caking of bulk materials.
Materials processing with a hydrophobic composition GKZH 136-157M. The procedure for the waterproofing works.
Silicone liquid GKZH 136-157M is usually used in the form of a diluted solution or aqueous emulsion.
During volumetric hydrophobization, the silicone liquid GKZH 136-157 M is added to the gypsum mixing water. To achieve the water absorption reducing effect, about 0.2-0.4% of the liquid from the amount of dry gypsum is sufficient. The addition of water repellent agent in terms of pure silicone is 0.15-0.2% of the gypsum binder. The effectiveness of the hydrophobic additive GKZH 136-157M application depends on the quantitative and qualitative composition of the gypsum mixture, therefore it is always necessary to conduct preliminary tests to determine the optimal amount.
For hydrophobic treatment of surfaces, GKZH 136-157M silicone water-repellent liquid is used after dilution with one or a mixture of several hydrocarbon solvents (white spirit, solvent, acetone or ethyl methyl ketone).
Dilution rate: on 1 liter of silicone liquid GKZH 136-157M - 10 liters of solvent. Diluted water-repellent solutions can be applied by dipping, spraying or brushing. To apply a working hydrophobic solution on the dry, cleaned surface to the termination of absorption, avoiding drips.
Consumption depends on the processed material surface porosity. The average consumption is 0.2-0.4 l/m2. Always test the selected fluid concentration on a small sample of material to determine its suitability.
Store in original container at temperature from -30°C to +30°C. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place. Protect from moisture and direct sunlight.
Store away from oxidizers, strong acids, alkalis and other chemicals having alkaline reaction for example, ammonia, amines).
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Special polymer containers up to 1 м3.
The container must be equipped with a safety valve.
Fluid 136-157M is nontoxic, explosion-proof, noncorrosive, it does not emit harmful vapors and gases, does not irritate the skin and mucous membranes of the eyes, physiologically harmless.
Fluid 136-157M is combustible.Safety information is not included in this document. Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic hydrophobic agents.To get a special offer or to buy an injection water-repellent agent, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Colorless clear oily liquid|
|Density at temperature (+25±0,5)°С, g/cm3||0,990-1,010|
|Kinematic viscosity at temperature (+25±0,5) °С, cSt||20-30|
|The refractive index at a temperature (+25±0,5)°С||1,396-1,410|
|Dry residue (+105±2)°С, 3h, % (Mass fraction of active hydrogen, %)||1,5-1,6|
|Reaction of the medium, рН||6,0 - 7,0|
|Flash point in open cup, °С, min.||130|
|Water-repelling ability, h, min||3|