Silicone water-repellent liquid SL 90/10
Water-repellent silicone liquid SL 90/10 it is a solvent-free mixture of silane and siloxane suitable for dilution with a solvent.
SL 90/10 solution diluted in an organic solvent is a high-quality general-purpose water-repellent agent for impregnating and priming mineral bases and strongly alkaline substrates.
Hydrophobic agent SL 90/10 is used to impart water-repellent properties to absorbent, porous carriers and mineral structural materials, such as:
- Mineral artificial and natural stones
- Foam concrete
- Silicate brick
- Fiber concrete
- Mineral paints
- All types of concrete
Mineral plaster SL 90/10 can also be used as a primer for paints used for external application.
Silicone fluid SL 90/10 cannot be used to impart water-repellent properties to gypsum.
- Hydrophobic agent SL 90/10 penetrates well into the material.
- Silicone fluid exhibits high alkali resistance.
- Water-repellent impregnation does not stick when dried.
- SL 90/10 is effective even when applied to wet surfaces of building materials.
- Quickly approves hydrophobic properties.
- After application, the hydrophobic liquid SL 90/10 reacts with atmospheric moisture or water contained in the pores of mineral building materials (natural stones, masonry, silicate brick, concrete surfaces, mineral plaster), and active components are formed and alcohol is released. These active ingredients greatly reduce the water absorption of building structures. After processing, neither the pores nor the capillaries become clogged and the substrate retains a high degree of vapor permeability.
Materials processing with a hydrophobic composition SL 90/10. The procedure for the waterproofing works.
Surface preparation: Remove flaking particles, loosely bound to the base, remove dust and other contaminants. It is recommended to clean the surface using high pressure washers, a steam cleaner, a water jet or mechanically, to remove dust. After wet cleaning, allow the surface to dry. It is allowed to apply on a damp but free of visible water surface.
Before use, it is recommended to carry out trial processing on a small surface area or a single element.
Surfaces that are not to be processed must be covered in order to protect them from unwanted exposure to liquids. Splashing on window glass should be immediately removed with solvent (anhydrous alcohol 2-propanol).
Application: by roller, brush or spray until the surface is completely saturated, re-treatment is carried out on a still wet surface, that is, the wet-on-wet method. When applying, in order to prevent the appearance of spots, make sure that the liquid is absorbed evenly and completely.
The consumption of hydrophobic impregnation SL 90/10 depends on the porosity of the processed material and the method of application, and approximately can range from 0.1 to 2.0 l/m2.
Hydrophobization work should be carried out in dry weather at a temperature of +5°C to +25°C. Drying time at a temperature of +20°C - not more than 24 hours, at a lower temperature, drying slows down and may take longer.
Store in tightly closed original container at temperature from 0°C to +35°C. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place. Protect from moisture and direct sunlight. Store away from fire danger areas, oxidizers, strong acids, alkalis and other chemicals having alkaline reaction for example, ammonia, amines.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Steel barrels with a capacity of up to 200 liters.
- Polymer barrels with a capacity of up to 220 liters.
- Special polymer containers up to 1 m3.
The product is flammable. Observe fire safety precautions during work.Safety information is not included in this document. Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
- Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic hydrophobic agents. To get a special offer or to buy hydrophobic agents, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow liquid|
|Density at temperature (+20,0±0,5)°С, g/cm3||0.78|
|Kinematic viscosity at temperature (+25±0,5)°С, cSt, min.||2.1|