Silicone hydrophobic liquid SL 90/99
SL 90/99 - water repellent agent for surface treatment of porous mineral materials. Octyltriethoxysilane concentrate with catalyst, solvent free.
CAS. No: 2943-75-1
Water-repellent impregnation SL 90/99 is used for hydrophobic treatment of mineral porous surfaces, including highly alkaline, moisture-absorbing, for example:
- brickwork made of ceramic or silicate brick;
- building materials based on natural or artificial stone;
- ceramic materials (tile);
- concrete, aerated concrete;
- cement fiber boards;
- mineral plasters;
- mineral paints;
- for priming the surface before painting.
- Water repellent SL 90/99 reduces capillary water absorption of treated surfaces, as a result frost resistance is increased and heat-insulating properties of materials are preserved, the cultivation of mold and moss is prevented.
- Hydrophobic impregnation penetrates deep into the pores and does not clog them, so the materials retain their natural properties - porosity and vapor permeability, that is, they can “breathe”.
- It is possible to apply a hydrophobic solution to a damp surface.
- The hydrophobic liquid applied to the surface does not change the appearance of the processed material.
- Coating the brickwork with an silicone hydrophobic agent prevents efflorescence (salt traces).
- Mineral surfaces priming with silicone liquid increases the adhesion of the paint to the substrate.
Materials processing with a hydrophobic composition SL 90/99. The procedure for the waterproofing works.
Surface preparation: Remove flaking particles, loosely bound to the base, remove dust and other contaminants. It is recommended to clean the surface using high pressure washers, a steam cleaner, a water jet or mechanically, to remove dust. After wet cleaning, allow the surface to dry. It is allowed to apply on a damp but free of visible water surface.
Working solution preparation: silicone hydrophobic liquid SL 90/99 in a volume of 1 liter should be diluted in a solvent with a volume of 10-14 liters. The following solvents are suitable for dilution: aliphatic hydrocarbons (e.g. white spirit), aromatic hydrocarbons (e.g. gasoline solvent), or anhydrous alcohol 2-propanol. Hydrocarbon solvents should have a boiling point in the range of 140-190 ° C, the number of evaporation in the range of 30-90. Store the prepared solution in a tightly closed container. Avoid prolonged contact with air.
Before use, it is recommended to carry out trial processing on a small surface area or a single element.
Surfaces that are not to be processed must be covered in order to protect them from unwanted exposure to liquids. Splashing on window glass should be immediately removed with solvent (anhydrous alcohol 2-propanol).
Application: by roller, brush or spray until the surface is completely saturated, re-treatment is carried out on a still wet surface, that is, the wet-on-wet method. When applying, in order to prevent the appearance of spots, make sure that the liquid is absorbed evenly and completely.
The consumption of hydrophobic impregnation SL 90/99 depends on the porosity of the processed material and the method of application, and approximately can range from 0.1 to 2.0 l/m2.
Hydrophobization work should be carried out in dry weather at a temperature of +5°C to +25°C. Drying time at a temperature of +20°C - not more than 24 hours, at a lower temperature, drying slows down and may take longer.
Store in tightly closed original container at temperature from 0°C to +35°C. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place. Protect from moisture and direct sunlight.
Store away from fire danger areas, oxidizers, strong acids, alkalis and other chemicals having alkaline reaction for example, ammonia, amines.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 12 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case, if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Steel barrels with a capacity of up to 200 liters.
- Polymer barrels with a capacity of up to 220 liters.
- Special polymer containers up to 1 m3.
The product is flammable. Observe fire safety precautions during work.Safety information is not included in this document. Detailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
- Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic hydrophobic agents. To get a special offer or to buy hydrophobic agents, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow liquid|
|Density at temperature (+20,0±0,5)°С, g/cm3||0.87|
|Kinematic viscosity at temperature (+25±0,5)°С, cSt, min.||1.9|